Not all dismissals are unlawful provided the dismissal is for a fair reason and correct procedure is followed. However, a failure to follow procedure can result in unfair dismissal proceedings in the Industrial Tribunal.
The O’Reilly Stewart Employment Department offers experience and expertise in the following services:
- Advising employers on how to deal with disciplinary, capability and absence procedures
- Advising employers on the potentially fair reasons for dismissal
- Advising employers on their requirements under the statutory dismissal procedure
- Advising on contributory fault and Polkey deductions
- Advising employees in respect of claims for unfair dismissal / constructive dismissal