O’Reilly Stewart has investigated and resolved some of the most significant accident compensation cases in Northern Ireland on behalf of employees. In the work place an employer is legally obliged to maintain certain health and safety standards to minimise the risk of workplace accidents.
In particular employers must:
- Carry out regular health and safety assessments and risk assessments of working conditions and equipment;
- Address and correct any problems or issues following assessment;
- Ensure that adequate safety measures are in place and being followed by all staff;
- Provide proper equipment and adequate training for all employees.
Every employee must follow the safety procedures outlined by his or her employer and exercise care.
Serious accidents, injuries and work-related diseases require specialist investigation. Where negligence or a breach of duty of care leads to an accident at work, the employee is eligible to investigate and pursue a compensation claim.
If you have sustained traumatic injuries following an accident at work, our specialist litigation team at ORS will assist you throughout the legal process.
We have built up an extensive network of professional contacts with specialist barristers, senior medical experts and accountants to assist in preparing your case. We will assess the effects of your injury on your physical well-being, quality of life and future losses.
Recent workplace injury claims in which we have recovered substantial compensation awards include:
- Catastrophic injury claims, including spinal injuries and loss of limbs
- Fatal accident compensation claims for family members
- Asbestos related diseases
- Hearing loss and visual impairment injury claims
- Brain injury and head injuries