Case Studies: Wills & Probate

My estate is already above the inheritance tax threshold if I die and if I inherit from this estate I will have to pay more tax, is there anything I can do?

A beneficiary does not have to accept a gift left in a will. You can redirect any gift for example to your children or anyone you wish as if it came directly from the deceased. This is done by way of Deed of Variation. A Deed of Variation can be drafted if there is a will or if the person died without a will.

  • Share

Our Wills & Probate Experts

If you have any questions in relation to the administration of an estate please contact either Judy, or Oonagh,